Eating our way through Paris

The last few days have been a little slower as our stay in Paris comes to a close. We have hit our main spots and the remaining days we are squeezing in new discoveries, finding new foods and things we thought we wouldn't get to. We have wonderful bakeries, butcheries and fruit markets all down our street giving us plenty of tasty treats to try each day. One of my favorite things has been choosing a dessert each night to share with our after dinner espresso.

Sundays Dessert 
Raspberry Cheese Tart



Mondays Dessert
Apple Tart


Monday, Duane and I went to the Louvre for a mind blowing experience. Last time I went (4 years ago), I did it alllllll wrong. This time, I was determined to do it right. We set aside a whole rainy afternoon to explore the 3 wings, which all have 4 floors, with nearly 35,000 objects from prehistory to the 19th century exhibited over an area of 652,300 square feet. Overwhelming does not begin to describe it. One of the most amazing exhibits we saw was the Egyptian antiquities. They have one of the largest in the world and their artifacts range from 4,000 BC to the 4th century. There were even old tombs and mummies! We also saw a bunch of ancient Greek statues, Napoleon's old living quarters in addition to elbowing our way through the crowd to see the Mona Lisa, still not as impressive as everyone makes it out to be.

After a wonderful dinner made by Duane, we went over to the Eiffel Tower to see it at night, which in my opinion, is much better than in the day time.









Tuesday. Our last day in Paris, we slept in a bit (this was partly due to my typical European cold that comes around the 2nd week I am here) and walked over to the Luxembourg Gardens where the French Senate is. After that we strolled through St. Michel and walked home, but not before we stopped to get a coconut ice cream, nutella, coconut shaving, rum flambe crepe. If you are not drooling after reading that sentence, something is wrong with you. I don't have a picture of this one because we ate it too fast, but let me tell you, it was fantastic. Now, I know it sounds like I might gain 40lbs while I am here, but I am able to justify all of this food due to 1) Because we are in France and how often does that happen and 2) the 6-9 miles of walking we are doing per day.





Lastly, to celebrate our anniversary and being in Paris, for our last meal in this wonderful city we went out for a nice traditional french romantic dinner. Duane found a fantastic restaurant in the 4th arrondissements near our apartment right in the heart of the gay neighborhood with gay bars and trannies scattered around. I knew I was bound to love this place. One of my foodie to-do items was escargot, so we ordered some for an appetizer. OMG it was a pesto escargot. Heaven! To follow was some prawn risotto, steak, fresh french fries, Crème brûlée, cognac and wine. Needless to say, we are leaving Paris with a serious food coma. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Willkommen Zurück Nach Zürich

My Second Homeland

Grand Palace, Wat Arun and Wat Pho