Driving Inland to Madrid with a Stop in Cuenca
Since we are driving that direction, I decided to make a stop at the historic fortified city, Cuenca, located in Castile–La Mancha in central Spain. The UNESCO site sits in between the gorges of the Júcar and Huécar rivers stands this town in Castile-La Mancha, home to an exceptional architectural heritage.
|Cathedral of Our Lady of Grace and Saint Julian|
- The Spanish love their road signs... A lot. Any time they might have an excuse to use them, they do even when it makes the situation much more confusing.
- They give you plastic gloves to fill up your gas tank... And you don't pay in advance? Honor system?
- Company address' or any company signage, totally optional or is 100% OK to be completely wrong, and acknowledge it.
- Since when does having stop lights to EXIT a rotary make any sense?
- Don't drive in old Madrid. Your marriage might be tested... A lot.
- Business hours/times they are open make zero sense here