Day trip to Lucerne

This morning Andreas and I woke up and pondered "what should we do today?" Since he is a grownup (I like to think I am taking a vacation from being one), he did need to go to work at some point today back in Lugano. So we jumped on a train a went to the city of Lucerne, a city in north-central Switzerland, for a small adventure. 

Due to its location on the shore of Lake Lucerne, and at the base of the Swiss Alps with views of Mt. Pilatus and Mt. Rigi, every turn is filled with a new beautiful sight. 

Mount Pilatus
One of the city's famous landmarks is the Chapel Bridge (Kapellbrücke), a wooden bridge first erected in the 14th century.


The old city walls first build in 1386 the wall is still almost entirely intact.


The twin needle towers of the Church of St. Leodegar, which was named after the city's patron saint, sit on a small hill just above the lake front.


Just as Andreas caught his train to head further south, it started to rain, so I took my train that weaved through the classic Swiss landscape back to Zurich for the evening. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Catholic Pilgrimage

I think I'll go to Switzerland today...