A brilliant idea! .... maybe not so much....

"You have to forget your last marathon before you try another. 
Your mind can't know what's coming. "
- Frank Shorter, 1972 Olympic marathon gold medalist

A few months ago, I was sitting around with all of the free extra time that was no longer being taken up by wedding planning, and I was struck my a brilliant, fantastic, marvelous idea! I should run a half marathon! For the 2nd time! Best idea ever! The 1st one didn't emotionally scare me (I have amnesia), so I promptly signed up for the San Francisco Nike Women's Half on October 19th. After a few days of sitting with it, I came to the realization that maybe this wasn't a good idea, but settled with the fact that I had very limited odds of actually getting in (about 75,000 apply and 25,000 run). Well, to my (not so delighted) surprise, I got in (helllloooooo rude awakening). Thus training started.

I somehow then pulled a Katelyn Tayor (hehe) and roped in 2 of my good friends (including Katelyn) and my new husband to not only train with me, but run ANOTHER half marathon in November. Like one wasn't enough. Training is going well, Tom, Duane and I went for our 9 miles yesterday along the Bay Shore Trail in the south bay yesterday after work which was super nice. I also just got an email from Nike letting me know that we are half way to the race! I think I am on track! 6 more weeks and 4 more miles to go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Willkommen Zurück Nach Zürich

My Second Homeland

My Catholic Pilgrimage