As some of you know, the last month and a half has been non stop construction in our living room area. We are replacing our Eichler-esqe inspired wall of single-paned windows with dual pane. On the side of our living room is a staircase that leads to the media room. I have always wanted a staircase with pictures going up it. I love pictures. To me they represent amazing memories, friends, irreplaceable experiences, and life changing events, something I want my house to be filled with. I will admit it, this project is 100% the result of Pintrest. While in Europe, I got slightly addicted (don't worry I kicked the habit upon returning to the states), but I found some great decorating ideas that I loved. One was to frame pictures and use the city map from the place you are as the mat. Awesome idea! And I had tons of maps from our travels! So as the idea evolved and creativity was awoken, the project (surprise surprise) grew. The staircase pre any work (*note did not ...
Happy birthday to my wonderful hubby! To celebrate, the MacGregors joined us on an adventure to Manly, a beach suburb of Sydney. We jumped on the ferry at Darling Harbor to Circular Quay and then a 30 min ride to Manly. The one and only adorable Myka Birthday boy! For lunch and beer tasting, we went to Manly's local brewery, because where else would you go for D's birthday? Answer: no where else. The food was great, the beers were pretty darn good (so I was told), the service? Terrible, horrible, the worst. Friends that drink and travel together, stay together :) After our longer than anticipated lunch , we walked over to the beach and boardwalk-esk area to get some ice cream (because birthday), win dow shop and peruse the craft fair.
Duane and I drove down to Paso Robles to visit our very good friends the Mott's for the Paso Wine Festival. Friends, games, Lizzy time and drinking. Who could ask for more. This is Lizzy. She is adorable Yup Best Friends The Motts
Comments
Post a Comment