Goodbye Winter, Hello 90 degrees and Humidity!

I leave for Panama tomorrow! The wait flew by so quickly with the holidays consuming my thoughts and all of the duties that go along with them. I am so excited to land in 85 degree weather (goodbye cold rain and 50 degree averages) and get a little sun. Wooooo vitamin D! I will say, with all of the storms and cold fronts, it has been rather odd packing sun dresses, shorts, bikinis and sun screen.



The flight plan is that I fly off to Miami at 9pm and from there land in Panama City at 1230pm on the 29th. There I will be welcomed by the beautiful Catherine, who just got finished spending Christmas in Columbia.

I also now have a large tag along with me. When Catherine’s parents found out I was visiting their daughter they had a favor to ask me. Cat’s Dad is apart of a Catholic Italian heritage group, The Knights of Columbus, who raised money to donate a wheel chair to Cat’s cite, to help some of the elderly to move around. It was going to cost over $1,000 to ship it, but now it will be my 2nd checked luggage! We will ship it from Panama City to Cat’s local post office and later in the week, I will help her bring it (i.e., hike it) to her cite. It will be exciting to see such a great thing happen from beginning to end.



Next blogs will be from Central America!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Willkommen Zurück Nach Zürich

Grand Palace, Wat Arun and Wat Pho

My Second Homeland