Eureka!

This past weekend D and I drove up 101 to Eureka to visit my lovely Aunt Lynda. It had been a long overdue trip to come up and visit, and D had never been up there with me, so off we went. This isn't a drive for the faint hearted, while stunningly beautiful the more north you go through the redwoods and the Avenue of the Giants, 6 hours in the car is not easy.



After the obligatory cup of morning coffee, we made our way to Arcata, a small town just north of Eureka, to go to the farmers market and main square. 

A rare sunny warm day


After we headed on down to Fortuna to get some lunch at Eel River Brewing.


The over to Loleta to taste some fresh homemade cheese :) nom nom nom.




Fun Fact: Eureka is the westernmost city of more than 25,000 residents in the 48 contiguous states.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Willkommen Zurück Nach Zürich

My Second Homeland

My Catholic Pilgrimage